Anthony Tata is a retired US Army General and combat veteran. Since his retirement, Anthony Tata has worked in many public service and advisory positions, as well as being a media contributor, but his true passion lies in creating exciting thriller novels. He took the fiction world by storm with his first series, which contained the books Sudden Threat, Rogue Threat, Hidden Threat, and Mortal Threat. After the release of these novels, he was compared to renowned authors such as Tom Clancy and Lee Child.
With the buzz from these novels, he was motivated to continue writing. Kensington Books released Foreign and Domestic, which was a Barry Award nominee for Best Thriller. In April 2016, Kensington Books released Three Minutes to Midnight, which is the first novel in the exciting new Jake Mahegan series, which is set to be a four-part story. The next installment, Besieged, will be released in 2017, and Tata is thrilled to continue the story. He says, “I am excited about the release of Three Minutes to Midnight, and my next book comes out in six months, Besieged.” Writing is a true passion for him, and he is enjoying this new career transition and using his personal experiences to be creative.
Anthony Tata may seem like an unlikely novelist to some, but the fact that he transforms his own knowledge base into detailed stories actually is what makes him so successful. Many people believe that you have to be a trained writer in order to succeed in the fiction world, but it is actually motivation and drive that helps Tata succeed.
Writers know the importance of inspiration to the writing process. For Anthony Tata, retired US Army Brigadier General turned best-selling author has used his 28-year military career as inspiration for his bestselling novel, ‘Foreign and Domestic.’ When you find the inspiration you consider your project easier to write. If you’re looking for ways to spark your inspiration here are some effective ways to get your creativity flowing.
- Listen to music – a single song can help you better concentrate and start working, where another song can help you relax. Find the kind of music that inspires you and turn it on to get the inspiration you need.
- Meditate – If you aren’t having any luck finding inspiration, try to relax and think of nothing. Taking time to meditate may help your inspiration and provide you with new ideas unexpectedly.
- Listen to others – a common phrase spoken by someone that isn’t a writer might just spark a number of fresh new ideas.
- Exercise – exercising not only strengthens your body, but it also can liberate your brain. Other physical benefits of exercising are a more patience, a stronger sense of purpose, and better willpower.
- Create a treasure chest – Gather all your ideas, impressions, and feelings. When you are running low on inspiration having a “chest” of ideas can be helpful when you find yourself without inspiration.
If you try these methods and are still struggling to find inspiration, just begin writing, your muse will make an appearance at some point. Anthony Tata is getting ready to release ‘Three Minutes to Midnight,’ the second book in his Jake Mahegan series.