As a former graduate and army veteran, Anthony Tata has valuable inside knowledge on the subject of West Point. He not only knows what makes the institute so great but thanks to his time as a superintendent in Wake County, he has valuable knowledge about the inner workings of such establishments, knowing exactly what it takes to run them successfully.
The essence of West Point goes beyond national pride and camaraderie. Those are extremely important qualities, yes, but without the right system in place the cadets’ fate would be left to chance. At West Point everything is part of a bigger plan. With a structure that puts equal value on academic success, physical prowess and character, the school creates leaders.
The cadets who graduate from this fine establishment earn a first class education while simultaneously opening up many possibilities for their professional future. Those who graduate from the United States Military Academy can look forward to various career opportunities, not just in the field of military but anywhere else. Company leaders – in any field, really – will always be interested in these people.
The leadership qualities these cadets develop during their time at West Point accompanies them for the rest of their lives, the same way as it did with Anthony Tata who took full advantage of the education he received at West Point. He managed to build an illustrious and highly versatile career that brought him success not just on the military field and in the force, but in the civil field as well.
Anthony Tata spent 28-years in the military before retiring as a US Army Brigadier General. His extensive experience has thrust him into the spotlight as a guest commentator on several news programs. Before every television appearance, there are several things that should be done to make the most out of your time. Here are some things you should be doing before every media appearance.
- You need to have your talking points memorized. While you can bring notes on set, you will come off more experienced if you can recite your talking points from memory.
- The more you practice your presentation, the better off you’ll be.
- Be prepared to nail the pre-interview. Before you make your appearance, the producer of the program will take you through the process in order to judge your entertainment value.
- Bring your friends with you. This will allow you to practice your opening sound bite.
- Measure the cost of your appearance with the benefits you’ll receive. You don’t want to agree to an appearance If you can’t advance your agenda.
- After your appearance, ask the producers about your performance. Ask for their honest feedback and take what you learn to improve yourself for your next appearance.
- Make sure your appearance is being promoted. You can use your clips through social media and spread your agenda further.
Mass televised media has become the way to deliver information to a large audience. Anthony Tata has been using his military experience to comment on foreign policy, military action, and domestic politics.
It’s inevitable. It happens to every writer, including Anthony Tata, bestselling author of six fiction novels. It happens to every writer, your prose turns to mush, you don’t have a single creative bone in your body, and you are ready to throw in the towel. Every writer struggles with writer’s block, but here are some ways you can overcome it before you thrown in the towel.
- Eliminate distractions. Turn off your phone, shut down the Internet, try to get rid of everything that pulls your attention away from your writing.
- Go for a run or do anything that will get your blood flowing.
- Read a book.
- Listen to music. Mix things up by listening to classical or jazz.
- Many famous authors create a routine to help summon their muse.
- Use bullet points to brainstorm ideas.
- Get started by reading some inspiring quotes.
- Free write.
- Change your environment.
- Spend some time with someone that makes you feel good.
If you still have writer’s block after trying these methods, there is one sure-fire way to overcome writer’s block. Simply write. Write a few lines and see what happens. Don’t think about it, just put pen to paper and write for the joy of writing. Anthony Tata is no stranger to writer’s block, but he was able to overcome it to publish six fiction novels. You don’t need to say anything fancy, just get some words down on paper.
As a creative writer, Anthony Tata knows how important creating good characters is to create a book that captures readers’ attention. While the plot of the book is important, good characters can make or break your story. To help you create characters that speak to your audience, you need to know who they are and explore who they are beyond themselves. This can be accomplished in the following ways.
- One of the clearest and easiest ways to develop your characters’ relationships is through introspection. You need to make them think about the bonds that they have with the other characters in your story. This can be done by making them challenge their own thoughts and feelings.
- Give your characters’ flaws. A majority of your story’s power will come from the feelings your characters have toward others, both for and against them.
- Make one character risk or sacrifice something for another character. Grab your reader’s attention by making your characters willing to die for another.
- When in a group, people behave differently. Group dynamics can deepen your characters. It is important to remember that relationships and alliances are ever changing in groups.
Taking the time to think about the relationships between your characters will help you see opportunities to develop your characters further than you ever thought possible. The relationships between your characters reveal the various roles they play. Anthony Tata, a bestselling author, has created compelling characters in his Jake Mahegan Thriller series.
Writers know the importance of inspiration to the writing process. For Anthony Tata, retired US Army Brigadier General turned best-selling author has used his 28-year military career as inspiration for his bestselling novel, ‘Foreign and Domestic.’ When you find the inspiration you consider your project easier to write. If you’re looking for ways to spark your inspiration here are some effective ways to get your creativity flowing.
- Listen to music – a single song can help you better concentrate and start working, where another song can help you relax. Find the kind of music that inspires you and turn it on to get the inspiration you need.
- Meditate – If you aren’t having any luck finding inspiration, try to relax and think of nothing. Taking time to meditate may help your inspiration and provide you with new ideas unexpectedly.
- Listen to others – a common phrase spoken by someone that isn’t a writer might just spark a number of fresh new ideas.
- Exercise – exercising not only strengthens your body, but it also can liberate your brain. Other physical benefits of exercising are a more patience, a stronger sense of purpose, and better willpower.
- Create a treasure chest – Gather all your ideas, impressions, and feelings. When you are running low on inspiration having a “chest” of ideas can be helpful when you find yourself without inspiration.
If you try these methods and are still struggling to find inspiration, just begin writing, your muse will make an appearance at some point. Anthony Tata is getting ready to release ‘Three Minutes to Midnight,’ the second book in his Jake Mahegan series.
A.J. “Anthony” Tata is an accomplished author who has released six books in both the ‘Threat’ and Jake Mahegan series. Having only started his career in 2009, having previously worked as an Army General and in a number of leadership roles elsewhere, he understands the difficulties that many new writers face when they try to start a book, so he offers the following advice for those who are struggling.
Introduce Characters Gradually
During the course of life, you will only come to understand the people that you meet by spending time with them over an extended period. You should consider this when writing your characters. By introducing everything there is to know about a character early on, you give the reader little reason to stay invested in the character and leave yourself little room for development.
It can often be tempting to start redrafting your book as you go, but it is best left until you have actually completed the story. Redrafting while you write may lead to you becoming bogged down in minutia and losing sight of the bigger picture you are creating with the novel. Get the story down on paper first and then work on making improvements.
First, Second of Third-Person
Before you start writing your book, Anthony Tata feels it is important that you decide if you are going to write in first, second or third-person. Once you have made the choice, make sure that you stick to it throughout, as sudden changes will provide jarring to the reader.